I am off to a bit of a slow start this morning after coming in from a birth at 3:30am this morning. It was a sweet scene to behold as the parents welcomed their little baby to life outside the womb. I love it when the sex of the baby is unknown...it is always fun to watch the new parents discover if their fresh bundle is a boy or a girl. Little Grace was her mother's prize after 20 some hours of labor!!
Okay, onto the curtains I made!
They were incredibly hard to photograph against the glare of the window. The fabric for the valance was left over from my Emmeline apron- red polka-dots (and the little red pom-poms as just enough whimsy don't you think?) The other fabric came from a sheet that I thrifted, it is always a bit tricky for me to work with such big lengths of material. Her window is huge so each panel was 60" wide by 100" long! I used the pattern for curtains in Bend the Rules Sewing. It was so easy- straight line sewing! My only regret was backing them in muslin vs. blackout fabric. Emma's room gets the bright morning sun and heaven knows we would all like her to sleep in a bit longer on the weekends!
This project has been on my "to do list" for quite some time so I was very pleased to get it finished. I was also glad to appease Emma who would ask me about getting them made every time she walked past the fabric on my sewing table. Relentless I tell you!